I adore Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. So when I was asked to join in with this blog tour, of course I said hells yes! But then I had to come up with something to do. And I momentarily got a little (ok very) overexcited as I thought of all the possibilities. Well, I've tried to condense all my ideas here – into one EPIC RED QUEEN FANGIRL POST! I hope you enjoy the insanity. And gifs. And the giveaway at the end (yea, you heard me people! Get excited!).
Let's start with my tip top reasons for reading Red Queen!
Part One: Five Reasons To Read Red Queen
As much as I'd like to make my top five reasons to read Red Queen:
1) Because it's awesome. 2) Because it's awesome. 3) Because it's awesome. 4) Because it's awesome. 5) Because it's BLOODY AWESOME.
I don't think that's going to cut it as a post, is it? No? Thought not. Here are some real reasons why you should go out of your house right now, go as fast as you can to the nearest book store or library, and pick up a copy of Red Queen. I hope I convince you and that you become as big a fangirl/boy as me and maybe (hopefully) understand this rather odd and super enthusiastic post!
1) The world building is freaking brilliant. I'm not going to lie to you guys. I read a hell of a lot of epic fantasies and dystopias. But none of them are anything like Red Queen. In case you don't know, the book is set in a world divided by blood. The Reds are commoners, worthless, without power, living in poverty and forced to fight a war they didn't start. They are ruled by the Silvers, godlike beings with godlike powers, who live in luxury and have no cares. And our lead gal is Mare Barrows, a Red blood... who discovers she has Silver powers. And then Things. Kick. Off. The plot is utterly addictive and intriguing – made even more amazing thanks to this brilliant world. Wanna know how much I love this world? This much!
2) It's like Game of Thrones without the incest and pointless (constant) killing! Ok, it's actually nothing like GoT. But it does have badass characters, amazing world building, romance, suspense, violence, treachery, double crosses and deadly court games. It's also just as addictive – I was instantly itching for Book Two the very second I finished Red Queen. Which sucks. Because it doesn't come out til next year. NEXT YEAR! I really don't know how I'm gonna make it, guys...
3) The characters! They are amazing – all of them! Mainly because you really cannot trust so many of them! Much like in GoT, the characters are complicated and intriguing – though some are just b*tches (yep, I'm talkin' about you, Evil Queen). Seriously though, it is so hard to judge them all – and there are more double crosses than in Game of Thrones and Pretty Little Liars put together. But Mare is awesome – you go, lightning girl! I don't wanna say too much about everyone else – no spoilers! – but I will say there are some dreamy peoples that make the heart go a-flutter. And some bloody terrifying ones who make me want to do this: gif So yeah. Read it and do this and then this:
4) There's something about this book that is just pure magic. You guys know how it is. When you start reading a book and all you feel is this:
5) But you want to know the real reason you should read Red Queen? Because it is the best epic fantasy-slash-dystopia you'll read this year. Well, it might be the only one... But you know what I mean. There is literally every single thing a book lover could want – romance, action, suspense, twists, turns, magic, rebellion, treachery, ambiguous characters, an evil queen, awesome characters, amazing writing, sublime world building... OH, man I could go on. But I won't. I'll just say DUDES READ RED QUEEN! And if you live in the UK, enter my giveaway to win one of three gorgeous copies – along with your very own badges!
Part Two: Gifs That Sum Up Red Queen!
I buy Red Queen, start reading and am like:
I get sucked in, until the world around me could explode into flames and I wouldn't even look up.
Plot twists, character developments and Red Queen's pure awesomeness do this to me:
Mind. Blown. And it hurts.
And then it's finshed. And I'm left a mess.
And then I'm like:
I finished and was just sitting there, huggling my book to my chest.
Please don't leave me.
And all I can think is:
And then I snap myself out of it and go to declare my love to the world. And I start to recommend it. To everyone.
Hi, have you met Red Queen? No? You haven't? Buy it right now.
Don't make me hurt you.
And then I go home, curl up and admit:
I need Book Two. Until then:
Part Three: What You’ve Been Waiting For!
Ok, I hope you've enjoyed this bizarre mishmash of random fangirlyness. It's been a lot of fun to write! But now it's what y'all have been waiting for... GIVEAWAY TIME!
Yes, all you lucky ones who live in the UK (especially those of us lucky enough to be in the middle of this freak heatwave!), you have a chance to win your very own beautiful copy of Red Queen – it's so pretty. I wanna do this: gif!
Yes, so here's the deal. Three of you are going to win your own copy of Red Queen and a cool Red Queen badge as well! All you have to do is enter in the Rafflecopter gadget thing below – and please post your own fangirl/boy reactions to how much you love Red Queen or how much you NEED Red Queen in the comments! I will be choosing two winners at random but one will be chosen because of how awesome your reaction is. Don't be afraid of being inventive – post a link to a Tweet/post/video showing how much you love everything Red Queen!
Rise, Red As Dawn, Red Queen fans everywhere! The giveaway closes Saturday 18th July at midnight! So get entering!!