Tuesday 26 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#10)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers!
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser!
Once again, cheating a little... Three books, three teasers.  And three said books are... Predators of Darkness: Aftermath (The Darkness, Book One) by Leonard D. Hilley II,  City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, Book One) by Cassandra Clare and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, Book Seven) by J. K. Rowling.
The first is my For Review, the second is one of my own books that is still mainly on 'Hold' and the last is a book I'm rereading after watching the movie, that I read when I'm too tired or too busy, etc to really concentrate on the others.  And so, I introduce my teasers!


 

From Predators of Darkness: Aftermath by Leonard D. Hilley, Chapter One, Page Four
It was a game of hunter versus prey.  He wasn't sure which he considered himself.
Predators of Darkness: Aftermath (The Darkness, Book One) by Leonard D. Hilley II
Synopsis From Goodreads:
Fear What Lurks In The Shadows
The desolate streets of downtown Pittsburgh in 2073 are a reminder of the missile attack that forever changed the lives of the surviving scientists and students hidden in the fallout shelter of Helmsby’s Genetic Research Center. Believing themselves to be the only survivors, they station themselves inside the center until food supplies near depletion. Thinking the fallout has lessened, they emerge three years later to discover strange creatures patrolling the streets in search of human flesh and blood. The creatures possess the ability to shift their genomes and alter their appearances by realigning their genetic sequences. Daniel Hutchinson, their leader, teams with Lucas Ridale and together they set out to scavenge the area for food and supplies with the hope to find other survivors. But Daniel’s most recent journey uncovers mysteries more frightening than the shifters. He discovers the tip of Pittsburgh has been fenced off from the rest of the area. Low-flying helicopters observe the streets, making him ponder the question: Were the shifters released as simply part of a military experiment with humans being their prey?
From City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, From Chapter Unsure: Couldn't Find My Book So I Got It Off Of Goodreads
 "Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'
Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting."

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, Book One) by Cassandra Clare
Synopsis From Blurb:
Clary Fray is seeing things: vampires in Brooklyn and werewolves in Manhattan.  Irresistibly drawn towards a group of sexy demon hunters, Clary encounters the dark side of New York City - and the dangers of forbidden love.
Gotta love that Jace Wayland humour.  And, of course, gotta love Jace Wayland.  Full stop.
Oh, and the book's brilliant too. ;)
  
From Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, From Chapter Five, Page 67
"Saint-like?" repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother.  "You see... I'm holy.  Holey, Fred, geddit?"
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, Book Seven) by J.K. Rowling
Synopsis From Goodreads:
 In the seventh and final of the Harry Potter novels, Harry, Hermione, and Ron have left Hogwarts in search of Voldemort's Horcruxes even as Voldemort grows in power and gains control over the Ministry.
Of course, I've already read this one, but after watching Part One of the film, I wanted to refresh my memory.  I do love Harry Potter...  Best magic series ever!


So, there are my teasers.  Random: yes.  Awesome: yes, I think so. 

Now, what do you think, and what are your teasers?

3 comments:

brandileigh2003 said...

Great teasers. I don't remember that from Mortal instruments.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

Deepali said...

Congrats on hitting 100 followers :)

My teaser is from a YA book too - albeit a very different one, written almost like archaic steampunkery. Its over at e-Volving Books

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Brandi: It's one of my favourite quotes! I laughed so much! (:
Deepali: Thank you! I'll go look now! :)

Thanks for the comments!