Saturday 26 January 2013

#PenguinChats: Beautiful Creatures Quotes, Pictures and Extract


Ok, so those of you who read my earlier post on #PenguinChats might remember what this is all about.  Those who didn't: don't worry!  You don't need to jump back to another post: I'll explain it all really quick before you get onto the fun stuff!  Well, the basic idea of #PenguinChats is to connect us bloggers and readers with authors on Twitter for a 30 minute chat.  Our first authors are, you may have guessed, Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - we get to chat with them 27th January at 8pm GMT and all you need to do to take part is use the trend #penguinchats - squeee!   That's TOMORROW PEOPLE!!!!! SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!
Also, there are a whole bunch of blogging partners, myself included, that have a whole load of scrummy Beautiful Creatures content.  This is one of them - fun Beautiful Creatures Character Profiles!  I hope you enjoy them:D
To check out more and to find out all the blogging partners taking part, head on over to the Penguin Chats Blog!



Quotes From . . .


Ethan


“There are only kinds of people in my town. The stupid and the stuck.”
“I’m a freak, you’re a freak. Your house makes rooms disappear, my house makes people disappear. Your shut-in uncle is nuts and my shut-in dad is a lunatic, so I don’t know what you think makes us different.”
“Maybe you don’t have to be a Caster to have power. Maybe you just have to fall for one.”


Lena


“You’re not the only one falling.”
 “In case something happens tonight, I just wanted you to know; I love you, Ethan.”
“You’re a Mortal. You can’t understand. I don’t want to see you get hurt, and that’s what will happen if you get too close to me.”


Link


“Ladies, ladies. There’s no need to fight. There’s plenty of this to go around.”
“I know I’m an idiot, but there’s one girl in my head right now.”
“You’re not gonna kiss me, are you?”


Macon Ravenwood


“Do you know what lengths I will go to, to keep her safe for five months? What it will cost me? How it will drain me, perhaps, destroy me?”
“I warned you that this friendship would be dangerous, that it could develop into something more. A future between the two of them is an impossibility.”
“Mortals. I envy you. You think you can change things. Stop the universe. Undo what was done long before you came along. You are such beautiful creatures.”


Ridley Duchannes


“Take a good look Hot Rod. This is the last time you’re ever gonna see me.”
“Got any big plans for your birthday, Cuz?”
“Don’t look so wounded. We had fun while it lasted.”


Amma


“Nonsense. That boy doesn’t have power anymore than I have a tail.”
“Nobody messes with my boy. Not Abraham Ravenwoood, nor the serpent or Old Scratch himself, you hear.”
“I’ll take care of this. I’ll tell him he can’t see her anymore.”




Squee!!  Now I'm even MORE excited!!  Didn't even think it was possible!  And if you aren't totally bouncing up and down with excitement about the #PenguinChats interview, then read this awesome extract - the fourth chapter!  Enjoy! :D






Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Is falling in the love the beginning . . . or the end? In Ethan Wate’s hometown there lies the darkest of secrets . . .
There is a girl.
There is a curse.
In the end, there is a grave.
Ethan never even saw it coming.

No comments: