Saturday 2 June 2012

Fortnight of Guests 2012: Bookster Reviews




My Blog ButtonHi! My name is Cliona and I blog over at Bookster Reviews. I LOVE books (obviously!) and will read pretty much anything in any genre! I love book covers nearly as much as books themselves, so I've made a list of my top ten favourite covers of 2012, which you can look at below :) I'm sure you will agree with some of these, and be sure to let me know what your favourite covers of 2012 are in the comments. And a big thanks to the lovely Megan for letting my take part in Fortnight of Guests :)


The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)1.The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin   
I don't know what it is about this cover, it's just amazing! It's so eye-catching and beautiful!



Everneath (Everneath, #1)2.Everneath by Brodi Ashton   (US cover)
At first I didn't like this cover, but it's really grown on me and now I love it! I like the way the girls dress sort of turning to smoke, and I think it sort of suggestss that the girl is powerful. The colours are gorgeous and it's just breathtaking!



The Selection 3.The Selection by Kiera Cass (US cover)   
OK, well, I like this cover because of the dress :) It's INCREDIBLE! Imagining owning that dress...*sigh* 



Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)4.Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood   
This is just beautiful! I love the flowers in the girls hair, they're so pretty! So is the title font and and the grass on the background. The overall effect of this cover is wonderful!



Revived5.Revived by Cat Patrick (US hardback)  
This cover is so striking, and gorgeous! I love the turquoise (I'm a sucker for turquoise!) and it's very mysterious and would make me want to pick it up and read it straight away!



The Glimpse6.The Glimpse by Claire Merie
I love this cover so much! I love the colours, and the way the heart is wrapped in barbed wire intrigues me! I would definitely pick this up in a shop.



7. The Disenchanments by Nina LaCour   
The DisenchantmentsThis cover is so pretty! I think I'll have to get it, just so that  I can look at it whenever I want :) I love the girls sunglasses and t-shirt, and the way there's a reflection of a girl in one of the lenses. The way the title is written is really cool, as though it was scribbled down in marker or something. It looks like a really fun summer book!



Until I Die (Revenants, #2)8. Until I Die by Amy Plum   
This cover is mysterious, and gorgeous! The dark blue is really pretty, and the girl's dress and hair are lovely. I love all the swirly stuff up around the top too.


Adorkable
9. Adorkable by Sara Manning  
This cover is so cool! I love the font used and the way the 'o' is a heart. The expression on the girls face is really cute, and I like the clothes she has on. To me it would look like a fun, light read and would definitely appeal to me if I was looking at it in a shop!



Second Chance Summer10. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson (UK cover)   
This cover is so striking and eye-catching. It gives a great idea of what the book is about and I think all the little items probably have some sort of a significance to the story. It's an original and unusual cover!


--- 
I agree with everything!  They're all so gorgeous!  I dread to think how much time you spent researching though!!  :D  
Thank you so much for taking part, Cliona!! 
Everyone, if you liked this post, make sure you follow all the FoG events on Twitter at #FortnightOfGuests

5 comments:

Luisa Plaja said...

Wonderful post, Cliona, and so many gorgeous covers there!

Beverley said...

Lovely guest post, Cliona! Thanks for sharing so many beautiful covers with us :) I especially adore the cover for The Selection - that dress is absolutely STUNNING <3

Catherine@thebookparade said...

I LOVE the cover of The Selection as well! (And I so can't wait to read it either - it sounds amazing!)

I really like The Glimpse cover as well - it's so simple yet really pretty!

Catherine :)
The Book Parade

I Want To Read That said...

Love the covers! And I absolutely LOVE the Mara Dyer one.

Angela's Anxious Life said...

I love book cover art!!!!

Angie