Tuesday 15 March 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#4)


Here are the rules:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  •  Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My Teaser this week is from Delirium by Lauren Oliver... and one from Before I Die by Jenny Downham.  Probably against the rules, but technically I'm reading them both...  Anyway, here are my teasers:

From Delirium by Lauren Oliver, Chapter Fourteen, Page 205
"Free.  They were totally free.  I'd thought that nothing was free in Portland, but I was wrong.  There were always the birds."

From Before I Die by Jenny Downham, Chapter Twelve, Page 77
But the moment of forgetting makes my heart beat fast as a rabbit's, because I actually forgot who I was for a minute.  I became no one, and I know it'll happen again.


 
Delirium (Delirium #1)Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis From Goodreads:
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

I am loving this book so much.  And the cover?  Gorgeous. 
My review should be coming soon!




Before I Die by Jenny Downham

Synopsis From Blurb:
"It's really going to happen.  They said it would, but this is quicker than anyone thought."
Everyone has to die.  We all know it.
With only a few months of life left, sixteen-year-old Tessa knows it better than most.
She's made a list though - ten things she want to do before she dies.  Number one is sex.  Starting tonight.
But getting what you want isn't easy.  And getting what you want doesn't always give you what you need.  And sometimes the most unexpected things become important.
Uplifting, life-affirming, joyous - this extraordinary novel celebrates what it is to be alive by confronting what it's really like to die.

This book is so beautiful so far, and I has made me laugh more than one, as well as want to cry. 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.

3 comments:

I Want To Read That said...

I loved both of these books!

I Want To Read That said...

Yep, I cried especially at the end. I need to know what happens next! And I pretty much cried the whole way through Before I Die *sobs* Such great books:)

brandileigh2003 said...

I haven't seen that cover for Before I die, but I like it and enjoyed the book.
Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog