Sunday 13 November 2011

In My Mailbox (#36)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a perfect way to see who's reading and review what.  Awesome! 

 
I had a wonderful, wonderful week this week.  I got an awesome book from Bloomsbury, and another from an author.  And I was given a whole load of beautiful old classics by my Granny.  They're just so beautiful - I spent forever just sitting and stroking their covers!  ;)  Plus I had a wild moment on NetGalley... and I requested a lot of books...  It was my only weak moment!  I didn't buy a single book!  :-D 
I'm still kinda suprised 'bout that, actually...
Anyhoo, this is what I got:
 
For Review:
This is Not ForgivenessFeyland: The Dark Realm
This Is Not Forgiveness by Celia Rees (Goodreads | Amazon)
I have very, very high hopes for this one!  I've loved every book of Celia's that I've read, so I really, really can't wait to get stuck into This Is Not Forgiveness.  Plus, on the cover of the proof, it has an extract from the book, which has made me more-or-less desperate to know EVERYTHING.  And why there is no forgiveness.  Thank you Bloomsbury!  :D
Feyland: The Dark Realm by Anthea Sharp (Goodreads)
The Game Is Just The Beginning...
This sounds ace - it's about a computer game that becomes terribly real...  I love the sound of this twist on the fey genre.  Thanks Anthea!
Gift:

The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Works of Chaucer by Chaucer (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Poetical Works of Milton by John Milton (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Nigger of Narcissus by Joseph Conrad (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Good Companions by J.B. Priestly (Goodreads | Amazon)
Of Human Bondage by W.S. Maugham (Goodreads | Amazon)
The Arabian Nights (Goodreads | Amazon)
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Goodreads | Amazon)
Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens (Goodreads | Amazon)
Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens (Goodreads | Amazon)
From NetGalley:
Precious BonesAlias DragonflyCatch and Release
Fractured LightOn a Dark Wing
Precious Bones by Mika Ashley-Hollinger (Goodreads | Amazon | NetGalley)
This sounds amazing - it's about ten-year-old Bones, who is determined to prove her father is innocent of two murders.  I really can't wait to read it!
Alias Dragonfly by Jane Singer (Goodreads | Amazon | NetGalley)
Master of Disguise.
Wanted
Dead or Alive.
This really does sound great, set in the Civil War and written by a historian.  And I do love me a good historical novel!  :D
Catch and Release by Blythe Woolston (Goodreads | Amazon | NetGalley)
A dystopian, about the only two surivors of a flesh-eating bacteria...  Eek!  It does sound absolutely amazing, 'though it's possibly one for the elder teens or adults...
Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan (Goodreads | Amazon | NetGalley)
Discovering The Strength Of Her Power May Cost Llona Her Life
This sounds brilliant - a fantasy with whole new beings, and a bit of romance thrown in too.  And I do love fantasy!  I just love the sound of this book! :D
On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane (Goodreads | Amazon | NetGalley)
Death Never Forgets...
This.  Looks.  Amazing.  About cheating death and protecting the ones you love, I just can't wait to read it.  I mean, look at this snippet:
"The choices I had made led to the moment when fate took over. I would learn a lesson I wasn’t prepared for.
And Death would be my willing teacher."
How amazing?!
Well, that's my Mailbox.  I had an awesome week - including my epic NetGalley raid! ;)
What's in your mailbox this week?

6 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I love all the old books! I really do. I think they are awesome.

I like all the ones you have got from Net Galley too. I haven't seen those yet.

Carmen Shaw said...

Wow... all the old books look so... smart! Lol even though they're fictional stories. Just add a little dust to them, and they could be some old science book

Carmen Shaw said...

Oops sorry. I forgot to ask you where'd you get them?

Zoe said...

Great books! I love Celia Rees books, but I haven't heard of There Is No Forgiveness - hope you enjoy this one and all your others! :)

Shoshanah said...

I recently discovered Feyland, and it definitely has me intrigued. It's definitely one I'll be looking more into.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

These are mostly new to me. enjoy!