Wednesday 9 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#28)

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, and it's a weekly meme all about the books that are coming out soon that we really can't wait to read.


I was skimming through Little, Brown's Spring catalogue the other day, seeing if there were any books I would go bananas for.  Turns out, there were quite a few.  Add a couple from the Bloomsbury catalogue, and I suddenly have a very, very long list...  Oh, well.  I think I may just have something for everyone though!  Spies, witches, nurses, mystery...  A nice mix of genres.  Anyhoo, this is what I'm waiting for...
 
The Witch Of Turlingham AcademyThe Witch of Turlingham Academy
Series: The Witch of Turlingham Academy, Book One
By: Ellie Boswell
Published: 1st March 2012
Published By: Atom
It's not easy being the only day girl at Turlingham boarding school: Sophie misses out on all the midnight feasts and late night gossip. Things take a turn for the worse when a new girl - Katy - shows up and all Sophie hears is Katy, Katy, Katy from her friends. It's like she's put a spell on everyone. Katy's no witch, but there is a witch at Turlingham. Katy comes from a long line of witch hunters whose fate is to stop evil magic once and for all. Sophie is going to help her - anything to get Katy out of her life and get things back to normal. But what she finds out means nothing will ever be normal again!
I love the sound of this!  It's only 9+, but I want it!  It sounds so, so good!  Plus, it's for fans of the Gallagher Girls - I love that series!  :D



The Invisible Assassin: The Malichea QuestThe Invisible Assassin
Series: The Malichea Quest, Book One
By: Jim Eldridge 
Published: 12th April 2012
Published By: Bloomsbury
Found: Bloomsbury Children's Books New Titles Catalogue

Synopsis From Goodreads:
As a Junior Press Officer for the British government, Jake is sent to cover a 'non-story' - a demonstration against the construction of a laboratory on the supposed site of an ancient fairy ring. But what Jake sees there is shocking and terrifying and leads him to investigate a clandestine organisation - the Order of Malichea. And then sinister things start happening: Jake is 'accidentally' pushed, almost falling under a tube train; Lauren, Jake's girlfriend, has all her notes on the Order stolen; and then Jake returns home to find a dead body in his flat and is accused of murder. Who is trying to scare Jake? Is it the British government? Or other, more sinister agencies? Either way, Jake and Lauren must fight for their lives ...
I love, love, love the sound of this one!  I mean, c'mon!  It sounds amazing!  I can't wait for it to come out! :D  Plus, the cover: so cool!



Until I DieUntil I Die
Series: Renevants, Book Two
By: Amy Plum
Published: 3rd May 2012
Published By: Atom

Synopsis From Goodreads:
Kate may have defeated her boyfriend's nemesis, showing off her sword skills in the process, but Vincent is sure that she will be at risk as long as they stay together. What's more, it's becoming clear that their relationship might prevent him from fulfilling his true purpose: saving the lives of others.
They might have the romance of the century, but will that be enough?
I loved Die For Me (see my review of it: here), so I am really, really excited about Until I Die.  I want more Charlotte and Jules and Kate and Vincent!  'Though, gotta say, I'm not quite as sure of this cover as I was of the first one...  Does it mean a darker book? 



In the Shadow of the LampIn The Shadow Of The Lamp
By: Susanne Dunlap
Published: 12th April 2012
Published By: Bloomsbury
Found: Bloomsbury Children's Books New Titles Catalogue

Synopsis From Goodreads:
 When sixteen-year-old Molly meets Florence Nightingale, she jumps at the chance to join the nurses heading to war. The work is grueling, but it soon becomes more than just a mission of mercy. Molly falls in love with both a dashing young doctor and a soldier who has joined the army to be near her. But with the battle raging ever nearer, can Molly keep the two men she cares for safe from harm? A love story to savor and a fascinating behind-the-scenes imagining of the woman known as "the lady with the lamp".
I've always loved Florence Nightingale and stories from that era, so I'm really, really excited about this one!


Night SchoolNight School
By: C.J. Daugherty
Published: January 2012
Published By: Atom
Synopsis From Goodreads:
Sometimes school is murder.
Allie Sheridan's world is falling apart. She hates her school. Her brother has run away from home. And she's just been arrested.
Again.
This time her parents have finally had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to a boarding school for problem teenagers.
But Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Its rules are strangely archaic. It allows no computers or phones. Its students are an odd mixture of the gifted, the tough and the privileged. And then there's the secretive Night School, whose activities other students are forbidden even to watch.
When Allie is attacked one night the incident sets off a chain of events leading to the violent death of a girl at the summer ball. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, Allie must learn who she can trust. And what's really going on at Cimmeria Academy.
I sooooooooo want this!  It looks amazing, amazing, amazing!  And the cover makes me want to know more!  Who can I trust?!  Well, if you haven't gathered, I really, really can't wait for this one.  :D


Well, that's my suprisingly long WoW.  I hope you all found one more (or yet another) book coming out in 2012 to add to the TBR pile!

What are you waiting for this week?

2 comments:

Hollie said...

In the Shadow of the Lamp and Night School sound brilliant!

Great choices! :)

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

Night School sounds AWESOME! I hadn't heard of it before now.

My WoW