Tuesday 6 August 2013

Summer Reading Smackdown Challenge!

Summer Reading Smackdown

Ok, so I was talking to Charli (To Another World/Charli's Book Blog) on Twitter (the tease) and she was telling me that her and Cat (Through A Cat's Eyes) were planning something big.  She refused to tell me what.  Meanie. ;)  But the surprise was... an awesome Summer Reading Smackdown Challenge!!!  When I saw the categories I jumped on the challenge like it was made of chocolate!  These categories provided me the perfect opportunity to read books I've been meaning to read for ages...  Awesome!  And they are...
  • Read a book you've been meaning to read for ages and review on your blog.
    Probably going to be Divergent by 
  • Read one recommendation from a friend or blogger and review it on your blog.
    Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (I know, Sammee, I swear to God I'll read it this time!!!
  • Write a paragraph in the POV of your favourite character and share on your blog.
    Ooh, this is a good one!!  I can't choose just yet...  I'll have a think!! :D
  • Read a book from each of these genres: Dystopian, fantasy, contemporary and romance.
    Dystopian: Divergent by Veronica Ross
    Fantasy: Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder - currently reading and LOVING it!
    Contemporary: Hurt by Tabitha Suzuma
    Romance: Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
Charli and Cat are awesome and so is their challenge!  Click on the button to enter!  And Follow Charli: @RoseSunGlasses and Cat: @CatHannahXD on Twitter and use the trend #SRSChallenge to keep up with all the SRS updates!! :D

4 comments:

Charli said...

Yayyy! Thanks so much :)

DIVERGENT IS THE BEST BOOK EVER. I mean it. Basically as awesome as HP. Just dystopic, with no wizards. Ok, I'm weird. Also, Magic Study is great!

Have fun with the challenge, it starts tomorrow :))

Charli xx

Emma said...

I agree, I loved Divergent and I can't wait for the movie. Hurt I seriously can't wait to read with you, when did you want to start it...maybe next week???? :D Perfect Chemistry is like my ultimate favourite contemporary I've read in the last few years. You'll love it! I've read it at least 5 times already. Hehe. This sounds like an amazing challenge. Good Luck with it Meg! :) xx

Ninja Girl said...

Cool challenge!! And I loved Magic Study as well ;)
Ninja Girl

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Charli: Hey, thank you!! It's an awesome challenge!! :D I know: EVERYONE has read Divergent and I am just SO behind!! I'll read it!! I have a reason now and everything!! And Magic Study is freaking awesome!! Love that series!! Did you know Maria's been signed on to do three more?? I'm SO excited!! :D I'm very excited about the challenge!! Yay!
Emma: Super excited about the Divergent series!! I'm just about to start Hurt now - super excited!! Everyone says Perfect Chemistry is brilliant - I must read it!! :D Thank you!!
Ninja Girl: I know!! It's an awesome book - Maria V. Snyder rules!! :D