Monday 2 May 2011

In My Mailbox (#12)

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a perfect way to see who's reading and review what.  Awesome!

 
Late again: I've been having one or two computer troubles!  Silly laptops.  ;)
 
Anyway, here's what was in my Mailbox this week:
 
For Review:
 
THE BOY WHO LOVED BACH
 
She Smells the Dead (Spirit Guide, Book One) by E.J. Sevens (Goodreads | Amazon)
Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide, Book Two) by E.J. Stevens (Goodreads | Amazon)
These are the first two in the Spirit Guide series, and were sent to me by the author.  They look amazing: about a girl with a "psychic awareness of ghostly spirits".  In other words, She Smells the Dead.  I love the sound of it, and can't wait to read the two books!  Thank you E.J.!  :)  Plus, the covers are gorgeous, not that I'm judging by covers, of course.
The Boy Who Loved Bach by Tom Peters (Goodreads | Amazon)
I saw this a review of this on Tessa (From the Bookshelf of T.B.)'s Blog, and commented, saying it looked amazing.  Next thing I know, Tom Peters is emailing me, asking if I'd like to review it!  I was over the moon, because, seriously, this book looks incredible.  Can't wait to read it!  And another beautiful cover!
 
 
Bought:
 
Vampire Diaries 7: The Return: Midnight (Vampire Diaries the Return)The General (Cherub #10)The Doomsday Code (TimeRiders, #3)
 
Midnight (Vampire Diaries, The Return, Book Seven) by L.J. Smith (Goodreads | Amazon)
Ok, admittedly still haven't gotten this far.  But it's best to be prepared...  isn't it?
The General (Cherub, Book Ten) by Robert Muchamore (Goodreads | Amazon)
"Punchy, exciting, glamorous and, what's more, you'll completely wish it was true."  Sunday Express
Ok, so normally I don't put review-quotes from front pages, but this one is one-hundred-percent true.  I really wish it was all true, everytime I read a Cherub book.  Yup, in between wishing I was a vampire, werewolf or faerie I wish I'm a spy.  I'm just that mad. ;)
The Doomsday Code (Time Riders, Book Three) by Alex Scarrow (Goodreads | Amazon)
Mess Around With Time And The World You Know...
Could Become A World You Don't.
I've started the first in this series, but had to put it aside when I got my review books.  It was amazing, though, so when I saw it on offer, I had to buy it.  And, I have to admit, the cover is really quite cool.  (:
 
 
Borrowed From a Friend:
 
Omega Place
 
Omega Place by Graham Marks (Goodreads | Amazon)
Going Underground...
A conspiracy theory, with a Big Brother twist.  I've been meaning to read it, so left my friend's house with it.  As you do.  Or, as I do.  ;)
 
 
Bought On My Kindle:
 
Immortal
 
Angels Watch (The Blue House Trilogy, Book One) by Amanda May Bell (Goodreads | Amazon)
Looks amazing, and I've seen some really positive reviews of it.  Plus, it was only 70p, which helped.
Immortal by Lauren Burd (Goodreads | Amazon)
I liked the look of this one, and for 49p how could I say no?  (:
 
 
Well, that's what popped up In My Mailbox this week!
 
What was in your Mailbox?

2 comments:

T.B. said...

Ahhhhh! That's so cool that you're going to be reading The Boy Who Loved Bach! Haha, when I saw it at first I had to do a double-take. I hope you enjoy it, and that's wonderful that you're getting this opportunity as well!

Oh, and I'm glad that Divergent sounds interesting. It was a fantastic read, and I hope you enjoy it!

TheBookAddictedGirl said...

Thanks! I can't wait to read it!
Divergent looks amazing, as well.
Thanks Tessa!